Laurell Crocker, Community Support Worker – Social Development Program
The Community Support Worker assists community members with job searches, education upgrades and skills training.
The Community Support Worker develops supportive, non-judgmental relationships with clients and also provides information on options, risk assessments and safety plans. The Community Support Worker makes referrals for addictions support for drugs, alcohol, smoking, gambling and gaming. She makes referrals to domestic violence supports, court services and takes an active role in providing emotional and moral support to community members.
- Responsible for Social Sector staff
- Administer the Social Development program and related projects
- Administer the home support program
- Administer the Youth program
- Provide community workshops related to health and social issues
- Provide support and assistance to clients to attend personal and family development seminars and workshops
- Develop and submit proposals to various funding agencies
- Submit monthly and annual reports to funding agencies
- Participate in interdepartmental planning, developing and implementation
- Liase with regional, provincial and federal groups related to Ktunaxa Nation and Creston and area programs